Best practices for successful call campaigns 📞
Click-to-call campaigns can be a valuable, personalized way to reach representatives in a way they can’t ignore. Here’s a best practice guide for using call tools to win on the issues.
A clear call to action & supporter journey 🚀
Automated call actions can be a powerful way to easily connect supporters with their elected officials and local candidates. When an action-taker provides their address or zip code, New/Mode automatically matches them to the representatives in their area at any level of government you choose.
Super neat, but how can you help callers prepare and feel confident about having these conversations?
On your landing page, provide supporters with a list of talking points. This helps them stay focused and makes their message all the more impactful. You may also choose to provide them with an optional script to read from. Some people prefer a more predictable, structured experience, whereas others may want to take this opportunity to speak their truth and offer a more personalized call to their representative. Both of these carry tremendous impact in winning the issue.
New/Mode uses our deep integration with Twillio to automatically send thank you text messages to supporters who take the time to act — text messages which are read 98% of the time. It’s always a good idea to show your appreciation to your community and keep them up to date on their impact in real time.
Lastly, to ensure you’re making the most of your call action, it’s important to monitor engagement in real time, with key metrics available at your fingertips. Track phone call reports from your supporters, call duration and more. These insights are invaluable for tracking your organization’s progress.
Speaking of data, the contact information your caller provides can be automatically synced back to your CRM or downloaded as an export. Call campaigns are a very effective way to acquire new prospective supporters or to complete a contact profile for someone you already know.
Fun fact! Over 90% of people who complete a calling action provide a mobile phone number. Use call campaigns to build your mobile list and kick-off a texting relationship today!
Integrated call campaigns 📲
The New/Mode platform allows for integrated campaigns that reach the right people at the right time. Combine your call campaign with the letter to editors and tweet tools, for example, to simultaneously grow your community while making your supporters’ voices heard. This multi-channel engagement strategy is how progressive campaigners are winning their issues everywhere.
350.org launched a call and tweet campaign to demand representatives in the U.S. support the Green New Deal resolutions introduced by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Senator Ed Markey. This gives supporters of science and justice opportunities to pressure their reps both directly and publicly. This is how campaigners send messages that targets simply cannot ignore.
Campaign spotlights 💡
- At the start of the pandemic, the Canadian Federation of Students launched email, call, and tweet tools demanding that students be granted access to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit of $2,000 a month. The federal government finally introduced the Canada Emergency Student Benefit.
- Protect Our Election launched two separate actions to contact state and county election officials. The campaign gave action-takers the option to email and/or call officials to voice their support for the very people responsible for running and protecting secure elections.
- Crooked Media – the company behind the highly influential podcast Pod Save America – launched its Vote Save America campaign, where supporters could use one-click calling and one-click emailing tools to speak out for much-needed protections ahead of this year’s elections. This resulted in over 5300 phone calls.
- With one-click-email, -call, and -tweet actions in multiple cities and regions across Canada, Defund.ca has seen more than 23,000 messages sent to decision-makers across the country. Different cities from coast to coast are now having discussions about defunding police. This awesome campaign came to us through New/Mode’s Accessibility Fund program.
- Unifor recently launched a call campaign to stop Ontario transit privatization, including all the context supporters need on the issue before calling on them to act, filling out the form at the bottom of the page. They’ve done the heavy lifting by providing useful talking points ahead of their call.
Do call campaigns sound like the ideal tactic to elevate your campaign and issue? Book a demo with one of our campaign advisors today.