Webinar: How to do personalized and principled digital work in an increasingly crowded online space
Wednesday, September 26
1:00 pm EST / 10:00 am PST
(45 minutes + 15 minutes of Q&A)
How do we harness a digital-first approach that has a real impact on the ground? How can digital-first approaches be more accountable to communities and coalitions on the ground?
By structuring our departments to take an accountable, digital everywhere approach to online organizing –and genuinely communicating with our lists– we can win more and bring more people into our movements.
Vanessa Tsimoyianis-Butterworth, digital lead at The Leap, will walk us through how to develop principles for your digital communications that align with the same strong values you hold when building and maintaining offline relationships.
We’ll discuss the downsides of blasting out one-way emails or texts to big lists, and the upsides of thinking through creative ways to have personal conversations with a bunch of supporters at the same time.
We’ll talk about using data and digital tools in a way that ensures that you’re having the right conversation, with the right person, at the right time while expanding your reach and relationships. And, lastly, we’ll run through how to build a team that reflects the digital principles you’ve developed.
- How to be accountable to your staff, allies, supporters and communities on the ground when you’re organizing online.
- The ins-and-outs of robust online and offline supporter engagement to build super power on the ground.
- Why we need to spend time on solid supporter acquisition and hybrid (online/offline) engagement.
- The allocation of resources and roles for “digital” work at your organization.
- Where we want “digital” departments to be in 5 years.
Who is this webinar for?
- Digital managers and directors
- People who want to build a 2–5 year digital program
- Anyone interested in developing robust digital strategy that wins and steps us further away from the non-profit industrial complex
Trainer: Vanessa Tsimoyianis-Butterworth
I currently work as the digital department lead at The Leap, a US/Canada organization founded by Naomi Klein and Avi Lewis. We work to build a low-carbon, care economy with bridging movement building with popular education. I also do digital, communication and direct action strategy consulting and contracting with grassroots groups and ENGOs across the US and Canada.